Finding clothes with the perfect fit seems to be a never-ending task — especially when it comes to jeans. You can get close, but perfection often feels just beyond reach, unless the jeans are custom designed just for you. But these are not in most of our budgets. Right?
Wrong! Custom tailoring is within reach. In fact, it’s as close as taking a pair that are a close fit to Flair Cleaners for professional tailoring. While we don’t give alterations to a dress pants, a suit, skirt or dress a second thought, we rarely think about doing the same for jeans. This is odd since for many of us they are the “go to” garments in our closets.
Tailoring Tips for Jeans
Here are some tips to keep in mind when working with our tailors:
- Think about the fit when shopping. Since the hips, crotch and rise (where the waistband sits on your body) are difficult to tailor, be sure these areas fit well.
- Wash or dry clean your jeans a few times before having them altered at Flair. This makes sure that they will hold their shape after being tailored .
- Bring the shoes you plan to wear most to Flair for your fitting. This is especially important when shortening your jeans.
- Remember that removing a lot of fabric from the length of the pant leg can change their cut and look . Our Flair tailors pin all changes so you can try them on and see how they look before changes are made.
- Ask our tailors adjust the inseam sot baggy straight-legged jeans become skinny ones.
- Finally, take in the waist for a perfect fit and look. This is particularly important if the waistband is gaping a bit. Do not take in more than 1.5 inches. Doing so may change the shape and look and alter the position of the pockets.
Why wait? With custom tailored jeans from Flair, you’ll look and feel like your clothes were made just for you.