For even the most seasoned traveler, deciding what to pack for a trip can be a chore. Packing without arriving with wrinkled clothing is even more difficult. At Flair Cleaners we will ensure that all your clothes are ready to pack for your next trip. We also want them to arrive in ready-to-wear condition. These “How To Pack” tips can help prevent wrinkles in your newly cleaned outfits.
Prepare to Pack
- Pack clothes you are going to hang in some sort of plastic bag. By placing your hanging clothes in bags, you remove friction that causes wrinkling. Be sure to place each hanging outfit into its own bag.
- Use zipping plastic baggies of various sizes to isolate items that may soil clothing.
- Roll clothes that will be stored in drawers. This space saver is great for jeans and T-shirts.
- For sweaters, lightweight jackets and dress shirts, button all buttons and fold the garments into a square.
- Use mesh laundry bags for your lingerie.
- Roll your socks and place them inside your shoes. Use others to fill those empty spaces in the suitcase.
- Finally, lose the heavy stuff that can cause wrinkles. Almost every hotel provides hair dryers and irons.
Ready, Set, Pack
- Set out all your clean clothes outside your suitcase.
- Lay your suitcase flat on the floor.
- Put your folded clothes in piles down the center of the bag.
- Put your toiletry bag at what will be the bottom of your bag (when it is standing).
- Pack your rolled clothes into the spaces around your stacked, folded clothes.
- Put each shoe into its own plastic bag and place them in the remaining openings.
- Fill in all other gaps with your lingerie bags and socks.
- Pack clothes that will be hung in a closet on top of everything else.
You and your clothes are now ready to go. When you get home, Flair Cleaners in Redondo Beach, Valencia, Studio City, Burbank and Santa Monica will be ready to clean your travel clothes.